As a company, you’re more dependent on technology than ever before for the smooth running of your business. Whether that’s manufacturing equipment for water leakage detection systems or room over temperature alarms, you need those systems to work.
If they don’t, the effects could cause devastating damage. In this article we will discuss why having a liquid leak detection system is vital to protecting your business.
As your office is on dry land you almost never think of water leaks being an issue, but a leak can come from anywhere. A faulty pipe, a fuel leak, or any other kind of fluid can make its way into rooms it shouldn’t be and cause massive damage within minutes.
There are ways of protecting your equipment, though. Just make sure you learn how to before it’s too late.
Why are leaks so dangerous to your business? There are several reasons why, including the following:
– Monetary damage: If your equipment is damaged, it will need either repaired or replaced. If several pieces of equipment have became faulty at once, that’s a big cost you’re going to have to pay upfront, unless you have adequate insurance. Even if you have insurance, making a claim like this can put your premium up considerably when it’s time for renewal.
– Data loss: Any successful business is built on its data. Whether that’s your customer data, or files directly related to the work you do, you just don’t want to lose it. If you’re sensible, you will have backups made of your data elsewhere. However, if the backup system has failed or isn’t in place, you could be in trouble.
A good leak detection system is designed to stop a leak before it becomes a problem. They work in a similar manner to fire and smoke alarms.
If they detected leaks anywhere in the vicinity, they will set off an alarm. You can then locate the leak quickly, and get it dealt with before it can damage anything.
There are several liquid leak detection systems out there, so there will be one that’s perfect for your business. These include:
– Drip tray sensors: These are designed for air conditioning systems. When they detect a leak from the air conditioning unit, they’ll send out an alarm so it can be quickly dealt with.
– Water detection cable: these can detect water along their entire length.
– Optical leak sensors: These can be screwed into the wall or on the floor to detect water.
Use these systems in order to protect your business from any unexpected fluid leak. The quicker you catch a leak, the quicker it can be contained. Never worry about liquid damage to your equipment again and save yourself a lot of money in the long term.
For more information on liquid leak detection systems contact a member of our team for advice, or visit us online to see our range of products.