External Optical Leak Sensor – Type OSPW
We have designed the External Optical Leak Sensor – Type OSPW to continuosly monitor critical areas for any non-conductive liquid leaks (diesel fuel/oil). This is an ideal solution for detecting oil leaks in bunded areas or drip trays where there are oil tanks, pipes and generators.
Advantages of using the OSPW sensor
The sensor offers the advantage of monitoring both external and internal areas. It seamlessly integrates with our 1-2 zone Oil Leak Alarm System – ODS2-3 or our 3-4 zone Oil Leak Alarm System – ODS4-3. Additionally, you have the flexibility to use the OSPW Sensors as a standalone leak detector. We have designed it with a volt-free contact, allowing easy integration into your existing alarm systems, such as a Building Management System or PLC.
How does the OSPW sensor work?
The optical probe incorporates an LED and photo-transistor encased in a durable Polysulfone dome. Upon contact with a non-conductive liquid, the probe activates a relay, triggering an alarm.
The OSPW sensor has an additional sensor consisting of four stainless steel rods. If a conductive liquid is present, a small current will pass across these rods. As a result, the sensor prevents the relay from activating, ensuring that an alarm is not triggered until the conductive liquid has been removed or evaporated.
Versatile Placement Options for the OSPW Leak Sensor
Designed for utmost convenience, the OSPW Sensor is available in two versatile models. The floor standing sensor boasts adjustable height, allowing you to effortlessly customize its placement by securely screwing it or affixing it to the floor or drip tray. Alternatively, our wall-mounted version presents an ideal solution for mounting on a drip tray or bunded area, affixed securely with screws.
Specification of the External Optical Leak Sensor
- Sized at 75mm High x 38mm diameter
- Voltage – 12 to 24VAC or 13 to 24VDC
- Burdon – 20mA when detecting, 15mA in standby
- Relay output – 30VAC/DC 1 amp N/O (close in Alarm) or N/C (open in Alarm) contact; please specify
- 3m Signal cable comes as standard (4 core low voltage 0.5mm alarm cable)
- Mounting Bracket – Floor standing bracket made from stainless steel with two 5mm diameter fixing holes
- You can change the length of the signal cable between 3m to 100m (4 core low voltage 0.5mm alarm cable)
- Choose to have floor or wall mounted stainless steel brackets.
- Please specifiy whether you would like the sensor to be Normally Open or Normally Closed.
Speak with our sales team
Whether you want to know more about how we design and manufacture our own products here in the UK, or just want some advice about which products are right for you:
You can get in touch by phone, email or by submitting the simple Contact Form and we will come back to you within 24 hours.
"*" indicates required fields