BREEAM Water Leak Detection – Type BLDA1-2
Designed to meet the requirements of BREEAM WAT02 and WAT03 water leak detection accreditation. BLDA1-2 detects major leaks within the building. The system is fully user programmable with output alarms and onward meter pulses for external water flow metering by a Building Management System.
Water Meter Sizes that can be used?
The singel zone BREEAM Water Leak Detection – Type BLDA1-2 and the two zone BREEAM Water Leak Detector – Type BLDA-2 can use:
Water meters ranging in size from 1/2″ (15mm) to 2″ (50mm) and Flanged Water meters from 2 1/2″ (65mm) to 20″ (500mm)
When does the BLDA1-2 go into alarm?
The Alarm Panel will not only flash but also emit an audible alarm in the event that the water flow surpasses a predetermined level. For example, if the water flow rate exceeds 140L in a 10-minute interval, the Alarm Panel will activate.
Additionally, the Alarm Panel will go into alarm when there has been a constant flow of water over an extended time period. For example the Alarm Panel can be set to check if there has been no water flow for 2 minutes in a five hour time period. This means that an Alarm will be triggered if there is no break in water flow that lasted longer than two minutes in the five hour time window.
Advantages of using the BLDA1-2 BREEAM Water Leak Detection
User-friendly – With its large digital display, you can easily monitor the current water flow through the supply water pipe.
Fully Programmable – Push buttons inside the Alarm panel allow you to adjust the criteria required for your building. This will include:
- Size of the water meter (1L/pulse, 10L/pulse, or 100L/pulse).
- Threshold of water usage (L/time) for both High and Low periods of water usage.
- Continuous flow alarm time periods.
- High Flow time periods for different days of the week.
Control – Use the ‘Mute’ button to silence the audible warning. Press the ‘Water On’ button to reset the system and turn the water supply back on.
BREEAM Criteria – the BLDA1-2 Alarm is WAT 02 and WAT 03 accredited.
Flexibility – the Alarm Panel can be easily connected to a Building Management System. For greater control you have the option of installing a ball-valve to shut off the water supply. Additionally, you can choose to have a Sounder Beacon and a SMS Text Messaging Unit fitted.
Further reading on BREEAM Water Detection
To delve deeper into our compliance with the WAT02, WAT03, and WAT04 criteria, we invite you to explore our informative blog post titled “BREEAM Water Detection.”
For more guidance on how to set up and programme the BREEAM Water Detection do have a read of our installation manual below.
Further information on how to achieve BREEAM credits can be found on the official BREEAM website.
Why we use Actuated Ball Valves
CMR Electrical were one of the first Water Leak Detection companies in the UK to use Actutated Ball Valves. Read this article to discover the Benefits of Actuated Ball Valves in water detection systems. Find out why we rarely use Solenoid Valves.
- Input water meter pulses can be set to 1, 10 or 100 litres per pulse
- Easy to navigate display system and one time setup procedure
- Two adjustable monitoring levels, occupied (High Flow) and unoccupied (Low Flow)
- Programmable flow monitoring periods for both High and Low flow periods
- Programmable constant flow alarm monitoring
- Water meter reading and Maximum / Minimum flow counters
- Audible and visual warnings for High or Low Flow
- Back lit alphanumeric display to show clear readings and alarms
- High / Low flow common alarm volt free contact for remote alarm monitoring
- Output meter pulse provided for remote monitoring by a BMS
- Remote mutable Sounder Beacon
- SMS text messaging unit
Speak with our sales team
Whether you want to know more about how we design and manufacture our own products here in the UK, or just want some advice about which products are right for you:
You can get in touch by phone, email or by submitting the simple Contact Form and we will come back to you within 24 hours.
"*" indicates required fields