Single or Two Zone Water Leak Detection Alarm Type LD2-3 & LD2-3V
One and two zone water leak detection alarm with shut off valve control to turn off the water supply when water is detected. Features include, valve shutoff override push button, large visual display, audible warning devise, mute alarm push button and individual onward signalling relays for alarm and fault. This product also has an optional battery backup, an output to a beacon or beacon sounder and or SMS text messaging unit.
Sized at 180mm x 130mm x 80mm deep, the one and two zone water detection units have been designed to monitor critical areas for water leaks via spot sensors or linier cable and shut down the water supply using 230VAC water shutoff valves when a leak is detected. A valve shutdown override push button is provided internally allowing the water services to be turned on whilst waiting for the cable to dry out.
Any number of spot sensors or a maximum of 50 metres of linier water detection cable can be connected to each zone. The range comes as standard with monitoring of the interconnecting cable between the sensors and the control unit. Any disconnection of the sensors from the controller will instigate a “Sensor Fault” alarm.
Once a water leak has been detected, the controllers display will show the leaks location and start to flash, the audible warning device will start and the common alarm relay will close. The unit will remain in this condition even if the water is removed from the sensor.
Only muting the alarm will stop the sounder, stop the display flashing and de-latch the alarm. If water is removed from the sensor before pressing the “Mute Alarm” button, after Muting the display will revert back to the normal screen and the common alarm relay de-energise.
However, if water is still being detected only the audible warning will sound. Only when the water has been removed will the display change back to normal mode and the relay de-energise. The unit has a common alarm set of volt free contacts for onward signalling to Building Management Systems (BMS), telephone dialler, control systems.
Each zone is provided with a sensitivity potentiometer and has been provided to allow individual zones to be set to high sensitivity for sensitive areas or low sensitivity for areas known to experience high humidity or water splashes.
Unlike other water detection units on the market, our units use a bi-directional (AC) signal within the sensors. Using alternating current stops electrolyses which causes the sensors to disintegrate and a system unable to detect water.
The use of alternating current also allows the sensors to be continually monitored even when submersed in water. This allows the system to self-reset after water has been removed from the sensor and no further action to reinstate or reset the system is required from the operator.
- Water leak detection cable or spot probe or a combination of both can be used
- Alpha numeric display for ease of Alarm identification from a distance
- On board audible warning device to alert local operators of a problem
- Alarms latched until Mute operated to give indication of transient water leaks
- As standard, a common zone fault or power fault relay for onward signalling to a BMS
- As standard, a common water detected alarm relay for onward signalling to a BMS
- Monitoring of each zone cable and sensor to ensure continuity and integrity
- Individual Zone sensitivity adjustment allowing any zone to be set for high to low sensitivity
- A Bi-directional DC signal in the sensors to stop electrolyses and polarisation
- Zone Alarm test push button located inside to panel
The following options can be added to the standard unit, please advise options at the time of ordering;
- Individual zone alarm volt free output contacts
- Output to flashing Beacon
- Output to Beacon sounder that stops when the “Mute” push button is operated
- Text messaging when an alarm is generated
- Remote repeat alarm unit with separate “Mute” push button type SCA
- Water valve shutdown using our LD2-2V range
- 12 hour Battery backup
Speak with our sales team
Whether you want to know more about how we design and manufacture our own products here in the UK, or just want some advice about which products are right for you:
You can get in touch by phone, email or by submitting the simple Contact Form and we will come back to you within 24 hours.
"*" indicates required fields